Dental Crowns in Hungary (Budapest)
As you age, your teeth age too. Decay, fillings, trauma or even just normal chewing habits can make your teeth break down over time. A dental crown or a cap is a cover that is placed over a tooth to protect a weakened tooth from further fracturing or deteriorating. A crown could also be used to replace a discolored or badly shaped tooth or protect a tooth that has had a root canal. Lastly, a new crown is necessary to simply replace an old worn down or defective crown
It normally takes two appointments for your dentist to complete your crown. On your first appointment your dentist will shape and prepare the tooth so the crown can properly fit over it.
Next, an impression of the tooth is taken and a temporary crown is inserted to protect the prepared tooth. This impression is then sent to a dental laboratory where a custom-fit permanent crown is made.
On your second appointment, the permanent crown is placed. If the fit, shape and color of the crown are satisfactory your dentist will proceed with permanently cementing it into place.
You can have 4 types of dental crowns at our Budapest clinic.
A porcelain fused to metal crown is where the base is made of metal but the coating is porcelain so it is as white as your teeth. You can have bridges of these types of crowns as well.
The price of a porcelain fused to metal crown is: 199EUR/piece or 153GBP/piece.
A zirconium crown is made by CAD/CAM technology for perfect look and fitting. This is what mostly used for aesthetic reasons. Zirconium crowns are ok for bridges as well, however they are rather used to the front area.
The price of a zirconium crown is: 329EUR/piece or 256GBP/piece.
Full porcelain (pressed ceramic) crowns are the best choice when crowns are for outstanding aesthetic demands, as this material is able to imitate the natural tooth enamel most naturally. It is not used for bridges but rather only for crowns.
The price of a full porcelain crown is: 425EUR/piece or 295GBP/piece.
Upon request you can have gold crowns but its price depends on the actual price of gold and the size of tooth needs to be capped.
No matter which type of crown you choose a temprary crown will be fitted to protect your prepared tooth and provide normal speach and chew functions until you get the final crown.
Information on Conservative Dental Intervention
Preparing Fixed replacements (crown, bridge)
Filling: in case of smaller decays
- in case of significantly destroyed tooth,
- in case of replacement of an old crown,
- in case of solving shape and aesthetic irregularity of tooth,
- in case of rebuilding root-treated tooth
Crown, bridge: Teeth are ground off in accordance with relevant regulations (shoulder preparation). The missing part is replaced with a so-called tooth stump building material (glass ionomer), or, in case of root-treated teeth, post and core may be rebuilt with anchoring in canal (carbon/glass fibre post rebuilding). Impression-making is required after the preparation of teeth (see inlay). In case of bridges of more extension, a separate session of gnathological measuring is necessary for the harmonic occlusal of lower and upper dental arch.
Dental technique works require approximately 3 days to one week depending on the number teeth need crowns. In certain cases, the dental technique term may be reduced upon the request of patient with paying extra charge. Inlay may be made of composite strengthened by glass particles or pressed ceramic. Crowns and bridges may be made of composite strengthened by glass particles, burned or pressed ceramic, regular metal alloy with ceramic cover, dental gold alloy (cast or electro gliding technique) with ceramic cover, titanium or zirconium with ceramic cover (CAD-CAM procedure). The test of frame is carried out during an interim sitting before the ceramic layer. Colour and shape of replacement may be checked at an interim sitting and the patient have the possibility to consult the dental technician personally by visiting the dental technicians’ laboratory.
In case of bridges and crown, a previous wax up model and smile design programme aides the treatment.
Materials used (full details in quotation):
Material of crowns and bridges:
Metal alloy with covered with porcelain
Gold alloy with covered with porcelain
Nickel-titanium alloy with ceramic cover
Zirconium, aluminium-dioxide with ceramic cover
Crown, bridge: In the office a temporary crown or bridge is attached right after the treatment that provides proper chewing and speech function. In case there are several weeks until receiving the final bridges or crowns (e.g. healing term of inflamed gum), we provide the temporary bridge or crown made in the dental technicians’ laboratory.
1. Surface of temporary inlays, bridges or crowns may be raspy or not smooth enough.
2. Tooth may be more sensitive with temporary inlays, bridges or crowns.
3. Gum may be sensitive for a few days subsequent to impression-making.
4. Temporary inlays, bridges or crowns may fall off due to overload (consuming hard and sticky food). Tooth cannot be super infected, however, temporary inlays, bridges or crowns shall be reattached to prevent causing damage to teeth. (If tooth causes no complaint and you cannot replace temporary crowns, you should spare the tooth and avoid using it for chewing until following meeting. You can reattach it by using denture glue until the next consultation).
5. Subsequent to treatment, tooth may be sensitive to cold or warm, and its occlusional function decreases. If you have sharp or blunt pain that is throbbing and intensive, it is very likely that you have pulpitis (inflammation or dental pulp mortification) and tooth need to be rootcanal-treated. You shall consult your dentist.
1. When preparing cavity, removing decayed part beneath old filling and cleaning cavity dental pulp may be exposed. In such cases tooth needs root canal treatment.
2. In many occasions, the complaint tooth gets inflamed subsequent to treatment. Supposedly, dental pulp might have been infected and germs living in dental pulp may cause the inflammation. Root canal treatment serves as the adequate therapy in these cases.
3. Inlay ruptures due to nocturnal bruxism or dynamic chewing muscle load. In this case the inlay shall be replaced.
Crown and bridge: The colour and shape of crown and bridges may checked upon handing over. In case they are adequate from aesthetic and functional point of view, attaching is performed under local anaesthesia. Height correction is performed in this or in further sitting.
Getting used to crowns or bridges may take for weeks, even for months. Height adjustment and correction may be needed several times. Subsequent to attachment, vital teeth may be sensitive to cold and warm and chewing function may decrease, however, it passes after a certain amount of time. This period of time depends on the individual. Sometimes it takes half a year to cease the symptoms. This may be due to the formation of a so-called tertiary or protective dentine layer around the pulp; this is how your body provides the protection of teeth. Since it may take several months, we kindly ask you to be patient. However, you shall inform our dentist on all symptoms as the transitory period could treated well by using laser therapy. Shall you encounter intensive pain that does not fade away, contact our dentist.
Warranty may be claimed for failure of dentist or problems due to dental technician work. Warranty on inlays, crowns and bridges do not cover new decays or accidents resulting from inadequate dental care.
Term of warranty is 3 years. The condition of warranty is the participation in follow-up examination and in dental hygienic procedure (cleaning, polishing of the teeth) in every 12 months.
Cleaning at home
Dental care at home includes the proper use of toothbrush and paste, moreover the regular use of interdental brush and dental floss. You shall request the opinion of dental hygienist (dental hygienic consultation) in all cases and clean your teeth obeying his/her advise.